Spring is the perfect time to get out and enjoy warmer weather, and great views. Whether you’re taking a date, or taking a breather, here are some of our favorite rooftop bars in the city.
1. The Skylark. Some of the most beautiful views of the city are found at this midtown gem. Stop by for a craft cocktail, and many opportunities to get a perfect shot of the Empire State Building, or even a #selfie.
2. Refinery Rooftop. The Refinery Hotel in Midtown is home to a charming, rustic, rooftop bar with stellar views. A full lunch menu is available, so it’s the perfect spot for a weekday work escape.
3. Mr. Purple. Recognized for its artistic style, and complete with two terraces, Mr. Purple is a LES favorite. The bar serves signature cocktails as well as coffee so that you can enjoy the views all night.
4. Ophelia. Located inside the historic Beekman Tower, Ophelia delivers an old fashioned vibe while serving up new and innovative cocktails, like “Ophelia Ascending” which features cedar smoke and mezcal. Check it out for a unique experience.
5. Gallow Green. Believe it or not, this rooftop bar and restaurant atop the McKittrick Hotel is one of the greenest places in the city. The lights, vine, and wood tables give it a magical vibe, a perfect pairing for Sleep No More, the immersive show playing at the McKittrick. Tickets and reservations are available here.